Drinking Teas to Save the Trees
Our owner Gr33n M4n (reinvented), went through some major transformations in 2017. His curiosity drew him into the digital world when he noticed the emergence of a new technology that is completely disrupting the way the entire world works. This is where Gr33n M4n saw an opening to protect trees and the natural world using digital assets :)
It gets a little complicated but to keep it simple, we have found a way to save trees by collecting locally foraged leaves, fruit, nuts and legumes from our local edible trees, cacti and plants (Please see Foraging Fanatics), then dehydrating them and using for handmade, herbal tea blends! (yes there are a ridiculous amount of other uses for these raw materials but tea is a simple starting point)
We are looking to sell the tea and use the proceeds to save all the trees in Phoenix that are not getting the care they need.
There is a huge push to increase our tree canopy in the desert at the municipal level and I believe that this idea we have come up with can create a major impact. The fact is that all the cities around Phoenix are talking about how important it is to increase the number of trees we have here ASAP in order to retain more of the water we use and to cool off our communities by blocking the hot sun rays as well as proving cool moisture that brings down our temps.
Basically we now have the means to reward people monetarily for:
- Learning about trees and how to care for them
- Cataloging local trees onto a website
- Working to care for trees
- Learning how and working to rescue edible foods
- Learning how and working on sorting these foods
- Learning how and working on processing and packaging these foods
- Learning how and working on grass roots marketing empowered with digital tech
- Learning how and working to create your own business taking care of trees or processing edible materials
- Working together as a community to complete tree related projects such as planting Trees
- Buying and/or helping to sell our tea blends or sharing educational materials (videos, photos, blogs) about caring for trees or creating a local eco-regenerative business.
- Working on oneself to uncover skills and passions
- Learning non-violent communication techniques to better understand ones own needs and how to compassionately express those needs to others.
- and many more!!!
We find that people generally love being a part of any of these things for free but if you actually pay them to do these things, they complete these with maximum effort and incredible results compared to if they were just to volunteer.
Here is a crude drawing that illustrates how we can sell these valueable tea blends to the world (Teavana just went out of business) and direct the funds to:
- Discover and catalogue edible trees in Phoenix
- Care for edible trees (and more) that are not getting the care they need
- Regenerate the soil around our trees
- Properly prune edible trees so that they live longer more vibrant lives
- Rescue the wasted food that typically becomes a nuisance for an edible tree owner
- Sort, process and package the rescued foods
- Market, sell and distribute the processed rescued foods
- Pay tuition for community members to become certified in all of the above
- Fund a third party quality control entity to ensure all best food handling practices and the highest quality teas are made without any damage to people or the environment in any way
- Set 10% of all proceeds aside to be accumulated indefinitely into a 'Sovereign Wealth Fund' that is democratically controlled directly by the members of this network in a decentralized fashion using encrypted technology online that is even safer than banking. These funds would be allocated towards a non-profit that uses funds in accordance to our 'Direct Democracy' rulings as well as be used to buy communal cryptocurrency mining equipment and to be invested into other cryptocurrencies and digital assets in order to build more wealth.
Please feel free to reach out if you would like, we are going all out working on this project until we have a 'Decentralized Automated Organization' that rewards people for saving trees and drinking teas.